Sunday, November 15, 2009

The End of Solitude

College brings days of non-loneliness. There is no real time or place to be solitary here. I especially like to be solitary. 
I enjoy my company a lot. 
I am really good at making myself laugh. 
I am really good at making others laugh too. 
I do not find very many things very funny though. and i use my courtesy laugh much too often. Im going to start working on this. 
Also im going to start working on using my people voice less. 
Amy linked me to this article.
 It is really interesting, talking about the diminishing value of solitude because of technology.  
It made me glad that i rarely take my phone out of my room. I am going to try not looking at my phone in the daylight this week. 
Also glad that my faceboob is gone.
I really enjoy my close friends. and i think very highly of them all. but i do not really enjoy knowing that Sara May a girl from my English class that i have talked to once is "eating old Halloween candy while listening to Party in the USA." this does no good for my relationships or my brain. 
This is interesting.. sending 3,000 text message a month, is 100 a day, or about one every ten waking minutes, so on average you are never alone for more then 10 minutes at once. or never alone. 




No comments: