Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Highlight

Things are starting to look up. I feel like i am reaching that point in the year when everything comes into focus. Classes are finishing up, papers are done and dusted, syllabuses are winding up and grades are coming to a close. I hope that this is not a teasing glimpse of happiness. That wouldnt be fair. But lets not dwell on unhappy schoolities. 


Sunday was a particularly nice day. It was my last day home for a few weeks. I had a pretty free day, however it also felt productive. I did some shopping with Jen, dinner with family, some movie watching, and a few last callooh callays. it was a lovely day and that has to count for something.


On the plane i came across a particularly amusing poem. However, i have already been told off once for saying it.  and i would not want to offend anyones, 'sensibilities'. It is pretty crude but in a good mood it makes you smile. 


But the highlight of my day was a conversation i had with an old friend.  The same memories that make me so sad make me so happy sometimes. But I am rather happy with the outcome of all those memories considering how different things were back then. Being home made me real excited to move back next spring. 

No comments: