Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Final

Another and probably the last Joseph update.


Today in the Aloha center he approached me asking if i was ready for the dance final.
I replied with, 'I guess as ready as possible!' 
He just gave me a courtesy laugh and said something about how excited he was. 
So i said, 'GREAT! have a good day!' 
As soon as he walked off Amy asked me why i was talking to him in such a strange tone.
I realized i was using my Childs voice with him.
You know the voice you use when praising a child..?
Your voice goes way up and your eyes get real big.
This is also the voice you use when you feel extremely superior to the person you are talking to. 
I never thought of my self as being superior to Joseph
After all he is just a normal human, like me.
But now im thinking that in the very very deep back of my head there is a feeling of superiority. 
Or maybe i just have no hope or respect for this boy. hopefully that is it. 
Good Luck tomorrow Joseph. ;)

1 comment:

Amy Carlston said...

wow kenzi admits that she has a superiority complex.
long time coming.
i texted you the other day and you didn't answer. how's that book treating you.. and how's home. text me. missing you're strange ability to make everyone around feel uncomfortable.

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S