Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Brilliant Writer

I received an email today that blew my mind.
When i first looked at it i thought it was spam in some bizarre html form.
After giving it a second glance i realized it was from a boy in my dance class who is doing the music for our final.
Here is what it said..

Greetings
Pliz 4 those who need there music 2 b cut, if U can give it 2 mi 2day or 2morrow so that I can rip it over the weekend & we shall do the cutting 2gether most probably on Tuesday b4 practice & / or Wednesday btn 2:30pm - 4:00pm. 4 others who dont need theres 2 b cut, U can bring it on Tuesday - practice time. So then I shall b able 2 get everything ready by Thursday.
Thanks so much & have a great day. C ya

Joseph

What is the language? this is not even colloquial language. this is pure stupidity.
Joseph next time remember that are you just a white mormon boy at byu. Not a black bad ass from the bronx.
Secondly the wrong form of the word, their. My biggest pet peeve in writing.
 It makes me eyes cringed and my ears ring.
Notice how he replaced the E in me with an I. i do not understand this. is he trying to say MY? or did he think the I was actually on the other side of the keyboard because after all they are in the same spot just opposite...
Numbers 4 words 2nd biggest pet peeve 4 all of u out THEY'RE reading 4rum mIIII.
Everything is the email is abbreviated. all except for half of the last sentence..why did he not abbreviate thx? or gr8? but he went to the effort of finding the & sign instead of simply typing and... it is possible that these abbreviations are far too complex for this brilliant writer. 


This is so embarrassing. I even thought twice before posting it on here because it is so repulsive. Why would anyone be okay with making themselves a fool like this? i think Joseph has sent one too many texts throughout his life time. The English language is becoming so distorted. this kind of talk compares to grunts and non-words in my mind. social order is dissolving.

Mefiez-vous!

1 comment:

Kelly Hannah K said...

Oh I completely agree with you're entire statement!!! Writing with numbers & constant abbreviations are in my top 3 of pet peeves. I just... erg, can't stand to read it. It was a little painful to read Joseph's. You should pull him aside and give him a little one-on-one talk about it.